Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The planning kind of continues...

So Monterey is out of the question now. It would have been either hotels or the beach...and I'm not super enthusiastic about getting married in a hotel or getting sand in my shoes. We were pretty set on Saratoga Springs for a while, but that's not going to work out.

What I do know is that I would like to have the ceremony outdoors in a forest somewhere. Hopefully. I'm still looking. The current  front-runner now is Palm Dale Estates. Josh and I have decided to have the reception in a banquet room at a buffet. The room comes with a dance floor :P and I feel that all the choices would appeal to everyone instead of people having to choose between only two entrees.

Either way, the final decision will be in December when we are back in California and can to physically see all the venues. We're hoping that we'll be able to book the venues for August 2013, which is a bit earlier than I had been thinking, but why not?

I'm starting vet school next Monday, so planning will slow down. However, I guess that's not saying much since I haven't been doing all that much. I think a lot will happen in December when I'm physically back in California. Yay for cake testing :D

1 comment: