Sunday, February 5, 2012

The beginning...

As most of you know, on December 14, 2011, Josh took me to an isolated beach down by Pescadero, and there on the rocky shores, he got down on one knee and proposed! Unfortunately, being engaged means I actually have to think about things like planning a wedding. Since I'm so far away from many of you, a few have suggested that I blog about the whole process (especially since I've never thought about getting married, so no dream wedding plans as of yet). 

In addition to wedding plans, I figure I'll also include our new house news as well--seeing as how house-buying is part of the whole getting married deal, except we're apparently doing it backwards :P

We've just submitted all the paperwork (we offered, bank counter offered, and we accepted) and we're just waiting to hear back from the bank. Hopefully we’ll hear back soon. Then we can schedule a home inspection, and upon a successful home inspection we will get the house! I’ll post some photos of the house if we end up actually buying it, but here’s to hoping :)

As for the wedding, I honestly don’t really have any plans yet XD Josh and I were kind of talking about having it on April 8th some year (since that’s our anniversary) but it’s right in between our birthdays, so we may be trying to tear out each others throats during birthday time, which won’t be fun. And the only other decision I’ve tentatively decided on is color. I’m thinking light green, lavender, and ivory. We’ll see though. I’m so totally indecisive ^^;;

5 comments:

  1. you're getting married! congratulations! (this is Mairin, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that color scheme would be GORGEOUS! esp in a garden wedding. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (:

    Next blog request: a more detailed account of the proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic color scheme!! Pastel + Ivory- so elegant :)

    ReplyDelete