Thursday, February 9, 2012

The proposal...

As per Annie's request.


The Wednesday after we flew back to California, Josh and I drove down to Pescadero on a gorgeous day. Pescadero is this tiny little town where one can get some amazing freshly baked artichoke garlic bread. After taking a quick walk down pretty much the only main street, we stopped by Arcangeli Grocery and picked up a loaf of this bread, some artichoke dip, and some prosciutto for a picnic down by the beach.


We drove down the highway a bit, stopped by the side of the road and climbed down to the rocky shores. We've both missed the ocean so much, so we had lots of fun running down along and climbing rocks.


After running for a while, we stopped on a high ledge at the edge of the ocean and just stared out onto the horizon together. At this point, Josh turned me around, gave me a hug, said something I totally don't remember (oops ^^;; but I'm sure it was super romantic) and then pulled out a jewelry box, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I got kind of confused (it was totally his fault) mainly because the box contained two rings. Of course I ended up saying yes, but according to him, I let him sweat it out for a bit :)


We then proceeded to have our picnic by the ocean, talked forever, with me pinching myself every few seconds, and when not pinching myself getting distracted by my gorgeous ring :D Afterwards, we spent the rest of the afternoon looking at tide pools along the rocks and catching crabs. We even found an abalone shell! Not to mention the sheer amount of raptors we saw. The perfect day.


Afterwards, Josh told me that he decided to propose to me on the beach there, because that was where we went the first time he told me he loved me <3 Full circle.


I'm marrying a romantic :P

2 comments:

  1. YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THAT LAST PART last time you told this story!!! so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete